Student Wellness at UNC offers assistance for alcohol & other substance use. The below resources are all available via Student Wellness, and can be utilized by calling 919-962-WELL or by visiting Student Wellness online.
- For alcohol (and other substance) education and outreach programming, please contact the Prevention Coordinator in Student Wellness.
- For confidential alcohol and other substance counseling, questions or conversations, please contact the Persistence Coordinator in Student Wellness.
- For confidential support and connections related to students in recovery from substances, please contact the Recovery Coordinator in Student Wellness.
- Additional confidential resources include Shahnaz Khawaja, Assistant Director in Student Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dean Blackburn, Associate Dean and Director in Student Wellness at email@example.com.
How to talk to someone you’re worried about: You may be worried about a loved one, a family member, a friend, or even a casual acquaintance. Here are some ideas to help start a conversation.
Support for Quitting Drinking: You may be interested in quitting drinking altogether. Check out our On-Campus Resources (link to page) and Off-Campus Resources (link to page), as well as online.
Student Wellness seeks to enhance the individual and collective health of the community through a wide range of programs, services, and resources.
- Located on the 1st floor of SASB South
- Carolina Recovery Program
- BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students)
- Designed to help students make better alcohol-use decisions and to reduce their risks for alcohol related harm
- Led by Student Wellness staff, for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of the Dean of Students
Offers support and guidance to students in crisis or facing difficult circumstances.
- Located on 1st floor of SASB North, (919) 966-4042
Carolina Student Legal Services
Offers free legal advice and representation to students on a variety of legal matters, including but not limited to, drug and alcohol citations. All sessions are confidential.
- Located in Union 3512, (919) 962-1303
CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services)
Offers individual and group counseling to students who have paid the Student Health Fee. Walk in hours Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- Located 3rd floor of Campus Health, James A Taylor Building.
For Faculty & Staff:
Employee Assistance Program
Confidential counseling and resource program for UNC employees.
- 24-hour ComPsych line for employees and family members 877-314-5841